Tuesday, September 12, 2006

In case you haven't heard of it, Jessie (my knitting missionary sister-in-law) and I are playing in the yarnmonkey's sock wars. It's going to be so great! I don't think I'm going to make it very far, but it will still be a ton of fun!!

In the meantime, I am also working on Karl's Christmas present: a maroon cabled scarf.

Here is the pattern: http://cu-needleworks.com/Patterns/Scarves/DoctorScarf/doctorscarf.pdf

I'm using KnitPicks Gloss yarn in burgandy and it is really great. I love the silk/wool blend, it's so soft and strong and warm. I just hope Karl likes it.

I just started a week ago and I'm already about 1/3rd done! Pretty cool, huh? ;o)

The work on the shawl is going really well. I only have 33 rows to go (plus the extra bind off). I hate to show you pictures, because it looks so ugly before it's blocked. But, it's coming along very nicely.

So, there you have it... My knitterly pursuits.

No comments: